what do you do with your child while you shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 11 months old. A couple months ago, I started putting her in the shower floor with me. Before then, I laid a big beach towel on the floor and shut the door and gave her some toys. Make sure things are picked up and she can't get anything. Hubby and I usually take a shower together and pass her back and forth, or she sits in the floor and talks to the person not washing at the moment. We have a family shower and bath, so there's room for that.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• playpen.. or hubby ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I put my daughter in the shower with me most of the time. She is 14mths - next week.
    When she was real little, I would try to shower while she was asleep, if not I used the pack-n-play
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When my son was a baby, I'd strap him in either his infant carrier, bouncy seat or high chair and bring it into the bathroom with me while I showered.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When she was an infant I showered while she slept, or when she was old enough for the exersaucer I would bring that in there with me, but now she is 20 mos and usually just showers with me!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My granddaughter is 4 and the other is 1. My daughter makes sure the one year old is asleep, then she brings the 4 year old in the bathroom and sometimes I talk to her on the cell phone to keep her occupied.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i put on a cartoon that he loves that really catch his attention and let him know that i am gonna take a shower so he must sit on the couch till i get out or he would stay in the bathroom with me till i am ready to get out the shower.he is 4 yrs and eleven months.
    maribabe

Answer by maribabe at 4:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i will put my daughter either in her bouncy seat in the bathroom with me or else i just take her in the shower with me. if my husband is home he comes in really handy though :)
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 5:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Her jumperoo!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i take showers during naps. or after bed at night and if i just have to have one during the day i take it in the kids bathroom and leave the door open with my son in there with me and a baby gate so he has to stay in the bathroom or the hall
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008