I can't blame him

I have been so angry at my ex for over a year. He left me for another woman. She is tall, thin and pretty. She has her own home, a great job, loves sports and all he likes. When i really think about it, i can't blame him for leaving me. I just wish i wasn't 45 when this happened. Does anyone else blame themselves for their husbands leaving them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• It was a lack of character in HIM and not in you that caused it............
    It took me a long time to figure that out with some excellent counseling..........
    Character truly is choosing what is right no matter who will or won't see it.........
    Anonymous

• well me yes i would blame my self for everything
    but i think it has to do with the woman's nature
    she sacrifizes a lot and try to be unerstanding to other people
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry that you feel that way, but you can't blame yourself for what he has done.
    Anonymous

• It's not the end of things hun, there are more fish out there, sounds like you need a night out with the girls. Get all dolled up and hit up the streets, have a fun night out, and you never know, maybe you'll met someone that catches your eyes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• So good for him. Now your turn to Be great!, Live the life you always wanted, be a wonderful 45 year old woman, with a great life and interests, the type that will be in the company of a great wonderful man!...You are in the drivers seat, you are the creator of your own destiny. You have given up a year of your life to anger and pain, now you need to start living your life again, happy, confident and beautiful.

Loba

Answer by Loba at 3:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Just remember you only live once and life is short. You two were not ment to be. It has been a year so you need to move on it is really hard but you need to be happy. Start going out do more things with other people. When the right person comes along you will know. Don't rush into anything. Just try to live life and be happy and forget about him.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Don't have a pity party for yourself! Become the woman that you want to be!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Don't blame yourself. You sound like a wonderful person...but it sounds like you have low self-esteem when you say you don't blame him for leaving. You need to realize you're a catch, too, and he was a loser for not appreciating you. You're never too old to find someone who will love you for who you are. Focus on yourself for now...and raise that self-esteem, girl! You're worth a good guy!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 4:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• What were you when you married him? Were you thin and pretty now you're fat and dumpy? Don't you do any of the things he likes to do? Even as a family? Did you change so drastically that you just aren't the same person anymore and that's why he left? Then I'd blame myself too.
    Anonymous