sick?

So yesterday i started getting sick around 5 and i cant keep nothing down what so ever, no drinks, food nothing! Im 17 and a half weeks pregnant. I dont really feel sick but i think i am because earlier this week my 21 month old daughter was throwing up and couldnt keep anything down for 3 days but then it just stopped she still acted her normal self was playful and everything it was just keeping stuff down. Well now im pretty sure i have it, is it really bad if i cant keep nothing down? i still get morning sickness some but not nearly as bad as this..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it happens just make sure you are drinking lots of fluids even if they arnt staying down you still need to be drinking lots of fluids so you dont risk getting dehydrated. and try to eat small meals here and there. You could call your dr and let him know whats going on he may have more advice for you.
    hope you feel better soon.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Maintaining fluid is more important then eating right now. It's fine if all you can't keep any food down right now. The baby will be fine for a few days. I even just read that in a handout I got from the doctor. It had a magazine with tips on how to handle illnesses when pregnant.

Also wait at least 2 hours until you last threw up to drink or eat. Then only take very small sips of fluid. If you keep trying to eat and drink too soon, it creates a viscious cycle, which then is going to increase your chance of dehydration.

I hope that helps. Hang in there.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When i had morning sickness it lasted for around 2 weeks where i couldnt keep anything at all down the 2nd week i called the doctor and they made me go to the L&D to get an IV!

So....You might want to watch it i know the flu takes alot out of a person who isn't pregnant,

And it takes a toll on someone on someone who is!
    If it isnt' gone by the 3rd day call the doctor,

Thats what i was told about the flu~ from my doc~!

feeel better!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Try eating popsicles or something that at least gets fluids into you. I had this with my third and it lasted for about 5 weeks. I ended up getting really dehydrated. Not fun! Try things like sports drinks and as long as they stay down for a little bit, like 10 min or so you will benifit from it. Your baby will take what it needs from you.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2008