Do you belive there is such a thing like THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT?

If you have never seen the the movie google it and coment please...

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I haven't seen the movie but the butterfly effect is a well known scientific phenomena. A farmer clearing his land with fire half a world away can effect how quickly a storm moves. If the storm moves too slowly, we get flooding or record snowfall. A simpler example - have you ever had a really bad day? So bad that it caused you to be nasty to a stranger or drive really badly? Now imagine the strangers you affected going home in a worse mood because of how you behaved. Imagine that anger spreading out in waves, with you at the center. Yes, it will stop eventually as people shrug their shoulders and refuse to pick it up and carry it on. But will there be any accidents before then? Anyone hurt or even killed? All because some stranger (you) was mean and nasty after having a bad day.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• YES! Thats why when ppl say "What would you change about your life"

I would change nothing because I believe other things in my ;life would change
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• babycakes i agree
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yes I do believe it is true.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• This is why I am so fearful of an Obama presidency!!! Just envisioning the waves of destruction we're in for!!!
    Anonymous

• How did this turn into an Obama bashing thread Anon 309 pm Dec 26, 2008. Give it up!
    Anonymous

• LOL! Wow, totally not on topic Anon 3:09pm and totally uncalled for

Now the movie no. He went and changed it so that he was never born. So not that can not really happen.
    But things effecting other things can. Like the woman gave an example about burning fields can effect weather patterens in other parts of the country/world.
    Anonymous

• PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE!!!! KEEP TO the subject!-0p
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Anon...have you already seen the path of destruction the current president has caused? Get over it and give it a chance.
    Anonymous

• Oh' yeah I think there's such a thing.  I mean cause and effect is all around us, and a choice to do (cause) is always prevalent... some just never know the effect till later. Awesome movie.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2008