Anyone here ever run in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure?

My SIL and I were thinking about setting a goal for next year which is to race in Chicago. I visited the web site but I would like to hear from you ladies what it's all about. What do you do to prepare for the race? Are you in a team? How many people per team? And any other advice. Thanks for your help, your response is appreciated!

alismommy2

Asked by alismommy2 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Yeah i did last year. It's a great cause and you have lots of fun doing it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• As a survivor, I can say it is a great cause however when they say you have to raise like $1200, they mean it. There were women here in SEA who didn't meet the amout required to do the 3 Day and they were not allowed to do the walk. We did the Making Strides against Breast Cancer walk with the American Cancer Society. OMG, it was so much fun. No minimal amt to raise, no "race" just fun. The money raised here in Snohomish County STAYS 100% in my county. I like that.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I stopped all support of this organization after I found out they gave a lot of money to Planned Parenthood---I thought they were only about breast cancer.....there are other such organizations that all their funds to to breast cancer causes..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• In Utah we have a walk/run, I do the walk Im not much of a runner, and its lots of fun you just get out there and walk to raise money and you get to talk to survivors and hear great stories from them. It really inspirational.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes I walked This October in the Susan G. Koman walk in Atlanta GA it was truly wroth every step.. Yes it was hard to raise the money but it goes to a really great cause..We got a team together of eight and named the team Dade Brigade.. And started at the beginning of the year with different fund raisers and raised enough money for the whole team to walk... We all had so much fun in the process!! We are hoping that the team will grow each year to spreed awareness where we live... The captain of our team is a 4 year Breast Cancer survivor... Its truly an amazing experience if you want to know more about it I have a myspace page set up for our team. It will be something that I do every year until there is a cure...
    jtklreese

Answer by jtklreese at 11:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• thank you all for your answers.
    alismommy2

Answer by alismommy2 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• do it every year...and have a blast doing it....
    juleswine

Answer by juleswine at 11:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009