adult products vs. baby products

Why wouldnt it be okay to use adult soaps and lotions on my 4 month old? Does that only apply to scented products, because baby products are scented...

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Kids' Health

• baby products are made for babys sensative skin. Little babies and even toddlers have sensative skin adult products can cause rahses and what not.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• There is no reason for most babies.
    If your baby doesn't have extremely sensitive skin, then the products you use are probably fine. If your baby does have very sensitive skin, you are probably already using special, unscented products.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The main reason is sensitivity...not from scents. My middle son can't use adult soaps because he has sensitive skin.

I will not use adult soaps on either of my younger two. They squirm to much in the tub and I don't want to get it in their eyes, nose or mouth and have it burn.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Our pedi actually suggested we use Dove bodywash for our son, who was about 6 months at the time. He said that it was milder than baby soaps because of all the scented stuff that's put into products like Johnson & Johnson. My son was also suffering from Ezima at the time. We've had no problems since we changed to Dove.
    beckster_01

Answer by beckster_01 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I dont use anything. And if I do I use something natural.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think you would be fine as long as you keep away from the face and eyes as it could burn.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 6:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I don't know. I use all natural things for my kids. Chemicals aren't good for baby.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008