did you follow your plan

okay so mu son is almost 2 and i want another baby so bad i really want another one BUT me and my SO said we would wait till our son was 5 . did you folow your plan or have a plan for kid number 2+ our first child was unplanned but i was 25 he was 27 so were 27 and 29 now and im worried about being an older mommy if we wait so let me know what u think

jajamama

Asked by jajamama at 2:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i would go for it!
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had my 1st at 23 and I am having another at 36 lol-it is harder on my body but easier as far as worrying about what to expect. It is really up to you but I tried to have another when ds was 5 because I wanted him to have that time to himself kwim? But kids closer together grow up together more-the teory is they will be best friends. My friend has a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old and they try to kill each other lol. It really is what you can handle(2 under the age of 5 would be alot of work), and what you are expecting to happen.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, we were the opposite. We have 3 kids.

When my oldest son was 13 months old we started ttc b/c we wanted them fairly close in age, but... we couldn't follow our plan. I couldn't seem to get pregnant. It took 21 months and then I finally got pregnant with # 2 (my daughter). So my oldest son and my daughter are 3.5 years apart.

Then while ttc # 3 my daughter was only 8 months old and I got pregnant right away, so our 2nd and 3rd (my youngest son) are only 17 months apart.

(So there are almost exactly 5 years b/w my oldest son and my youngest son... their b-days are July 1 and July 7... but my daughter is in between them).

Works well for us! I was 25, almost 26 when I had my oldest and 30, almost 31 when I had my youngest and now we're DONE ;-)

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• In my book, you're not old enough to have one! Older mommy my foot. **grin**

Sorry, mine was born when I was six days shy of 36.

Talk with your SO. Plans, schmans. I gave up on long term planning by age 23....becasue ntohing ever goes as planned.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Go for it! Screw the plan. I've been planning for over a year and still don';t have the first. Sometimes plans change
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I am having my #2 DD on the 29th *Via -C/s*

My DD'S will be 19 months apart,

I couldnt be more happy!

She turned two on Oct 27th, I want them to be close in age They dont have to DO anything ALONE they always will have EACH other! School, Dances, Tea Parties :O)

I was 22 when i had DD i am 25 now, We wanted to have another child within 5-6 years down the road but i didnt want to be in my 30s ...and him in his 40s when that would happen,
    so he got fixed a couple of days ago!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008