DNA test cost

My cousin does not know the father of her baby, so she allows both of them to be in her life. (she is 9 months old) She said she would get a test but she can't afford one. My husband and I are friends with both of the potential father and would like to pay for one, as all three would really like to know the truth. Does anyone knows how much the mail order ones cost where you do the saliva swap and mail them in? Also, has anyone had one? Which company did you use. Thanks in advance!

navy-wife

Asked by navy-wife at 2:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could google "at home dna testing" and i am sure u would have 100's to choose from.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Can she go to the Division of Child support and open a case. They will often order and pay for the test I believe. To get accurate results that hold up in court, even if you buy the store bought tests, it's $300.
    Anonymous

• Or does she not want the test so that both these men remain involved?
    Anonymous

• Well, since everyone wants to know the truth...why doesn't EVERYONE chip in to pay for one?!
    Anonymous

• No she wants one. Both guys want to be in her life. (We are from a small ass town and they are still all three good friends.) She just doesn't see the point in spending the money if they both want to be in her life. However, I don't think things will be peachy forever and just in case, I want her to know the truth. Plus, I think it is important for the baby to know for medical reasons and what not.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yikes well first off the ones you buy online to do at home arnt always accuarate and they are still spendy. My advice would be to open a child support case they will order the test and do it for free that way. course then the real daddy will be responsable for paying child support.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Mine was $450. But it depends on were you live and who you use.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 2:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think you can also go to your family doctor....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• OMG i saw one i walgreens for 30 dollars couldnt beileve it!!! GOOD LUCK!
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008