Should I try to still be friends with her?

I have a friend who I said things and she said things and I went to see her twice recently well her bf is sending me threatening messages again telling me she doesnt want to see me My question is do you think she knows or not? She says he doesnt like me or even her mom and cut her off from friends. She even complained about him in a group once. She left the group since.Should I keep up the relationship?? Hubby says no. I got death threats from him last year this year is worse. Oh and she has me blocked from here and myspace because he doesnt like me. Is it worth the trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Personally I would get in contact with her for just long enough to let her know that you will always be there for her if she needs you, and then let it go.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 9:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It sounds like she's in trouble. Could you offer to be there for you when she needs you then back off?
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• it depends on how much risk you are willing to take for your friend....this guy is clearly abusive, controlling and violent...most people would tell you to remove yourself from the situation because you are taking too much of a risk of brining that danger to your home by maintaining contact with her...however, i was never one for making the safe decision and i would probably, at the very least, continue to contact her and hare my concerns and off help to get her out of the situation...hell, my dumb ass would probably confront HIM for treating my friend that way!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• THAT A CRAZY THING BECAUSE U WANT TO BE THERE FOR HER. JUST WAIT IT OUT BUT STOP CALLING HER BECAUSE U DO NOT WANT TO PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER. SHE WILL COME AROUND.
    moe125

Answer by moe125 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• if she doesnt respect your friendship enough, to be there for you too, then the hell with her, id let it go, and when she realized friendship should come before her mean husband then youll be there when she comes around
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Step back for your safety. She will come to you when she needs you, and she eventually will. Don't get in the middle of this. It is not good.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Thanks I just worry about her knew her since she was 18 now she is 22. She was like a daughter to me. I worry about her kids. He told her he didnt even love her only stayed for son. I only met him once. He threatened my adult son also online. Hopefully she doesnt stay because she has no where to go because he cut her off from everyone. He didnt know I was there unless she told him. I feel betrayed somehow. Maybe he has someone watching the house?
    Anonymous

• I was in the exact same situation, minus the death threats. My best friend was with a guy that was selling drugs, cheating on her, using her. I told her and she thought I was lying to break them up and she stopped talking to me. I haven't seen her since. I'm not going to sit around waiting for someone like that. What he was doing was very obvious, even to her and my loyalty to her wasn't. I'm not interested in being used and abused when I'm just trying to take care of someone.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• heck naw girl!!! your life and your families life is what is important, too much is going on in the world!! and you know this!!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If you like drama and death threats by all means continue the relationship with psycho and her bf. I personally would listen to your h and move on.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2008