started smoking

I stared smoking b/c we r SO low on money. cigs r cheeper than food. ANY money i have goes to my baby, dipers, food for her, ect... is this bad?? bad that i am now smoking to put off eatting.

LoveMyKacie

Asked by LoveMyKacie at 3:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Health

• I can think of things you can buy with the money you would spend on a pack of ciggarettes. Besides, you still have to eat even if you smoke. I dont think its bad of you, but not a good move. I would trying putting cig money into better planned meals and quit smoking.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Ummmm, yeah! Smoking is bad! I'd rather eat a McDonald's Happy Meal for $5 than pay for a pack of cancer-sticks! But that's just me! You're gonna have to eat eventually, then what...cigarettes and food, are now going to total more! Then there will be all of the medical side effects--various cancers, emphysema, etc., and of course your child will suffer health problems as a result of second hand smoke, but as long as it's cheaper than food, whatever!

Live for the moment, not the future!
    Anonymous

• You're working your way toward anorexia. You need to get a handle on this NOW while you can. Do you qualify for food stamps, WIC or other assistance? You can go to churches and food banks for help as well. For the same cost as a carton of cigarettes you can get a bag of potatoes, a few lbs of hamburger, and some cheese. Not a gourmet meal or anything, but it's food that will last a few days.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Do trolls smoke?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think that you should stop smoking before it becomes a bad habit and just be really creative when making food. It is hard when you don't have money.Just do what SamanthaAgain said.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008