Okay, im not being greedy here so......

please dont bash. for christmas my husband graciously gave me 300 to spend on the kids, 50 for his sister and husband and he spent about 200 on his dad, but for me 20 on smelly stuff. i spent 150 on him. we are working on moving forward from an affair, so i figures mabey something sexy or something, but not $20 of smelly crap, not even a brand name.

Thalie

Asked by Thalie at 3:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that trying doesn't come in a package but in constant communication and a willingness to push past the pain. He bought you a gift and although you don't like it he still thought of you. Kobe Bryant bought his wife a canary diamond after having an affair but I doubt that helped get rid of her pain and if a gift lifts the hurt of an affair then I think there are more issues than just the affair.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If I were you I would be grateful you got anything at all...My husband and I couldnt afford to give each other a penny worth or presents.
    Anonymous

• sometimes men can be dence when it comes to presents, try not to take it to hard... my dad once spend $500 on a new wardrobe for my mom and none of the clothes fit her at all. So it was a huge waste of money on his part. Be thankful that he only spend 20 on stuff you don't like other than more on something you wouldn't like, and next year try dropping a few hints more on what you really like.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Honestly lol men dont think all the time... probably not at all lol. He doesn't know that it means this much to you and if you brought it up it might cause problems. I would just let it go.
    Rachael3096

Answer by Rachael3096 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Huh, what is the problem?
    Anonymous

• I think that he should of tried alot harder then just giving you that. He could of spent a little less on his father and more on you. I think if you are moving forword he should of done something special. Maybe he didn't know what to buy you so that is why he gave you that. I think if it bothers you. You should talk to him about it. Just make sure that you do it in a nice way.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i know i should be grateful i got anything at all with the economy and all, but i guess i was hoping for more since we are working onrebuilding our relationship, mabey i though he would think more
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 3:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Maybe he thought you would enjoy it? Like I tell my kids it isnt what you get or how much it cost its the fact they remembered you at all.

Answer by gemgem at 3:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Did you have the affair?

It doesn't sound to me like he is trying very hard.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• no, he had the affair. thats why im upset, its not over money per say, but that he would use christmas as a time to do something to show me he is trying
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 3:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008