Were your kids Christmas toys hard to open or what? I spent more time trying to get the gift out of the box than anything else!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Three words...Bakugon toys suck!!! Those were the hardest toys I've ever had to open in my entire life:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yes....They like Sew the stuff in ...the clothes..the hair...and then not to mention..the card bored paper cuts trying to get the stupid plastic wires untwisted, but before you get to those lil plastic wires you have to get all the tape off of them !

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I didnt have issues with the bakugan but the my little pony scootaloo & barbies were tough. They do that so people cant steal the toys. Sad right?

Answer by gemgem at 3:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If i ever decide to go postal i am going to take it out on whoever invented those darn plastic ties LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• OMG...a girlfriend of mine and I were just talking about this today. I bought my daughter a $3 barbie and it had its hair sewn into the box and three ties...at Elder Beerman today they had a bunch of jewelry sitting out that was about $100 and I could have easily made off with that...certainly a lot easier than making off with that $3 barbie! lol I mean really...how many $3 barbies get stolen to make it worth spending the money on the technology and labor of tying them tight to the cardboard! I bought a cinderella doll from the Disney store and they had her dress sewn to the bottom of the box...that pissed me off...it all but ruined the dress to get it out!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We are still taking toys out of the boxes because our hands started to hurt. So we procrastinated and slowly opened toys. The transformers were the worst!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• LOL yeah me too and I cut myself
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We only have about half the toys out of the boxes because it was taking so long. My husband finally decided to get the wire cutters out to deal with those #$*%ing wire ties. Then there are the toy they actually screw into the boxes. And what's with the cement they close some of the boxes with. A wire cutter and a box cutter...never needed them to open toys when I was a kid.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I hate the ones (Especially trucks and cars) that you have to have a screwdriver, box cutter, and a certified electrician to open.. wtf..and now the wire ties arent even just twisted, they are knotted and wrapped around.. ugh..worst part of christmas!
    rockmom346

Answer by rockmom346 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008