Feeling extremely depressed

I feel like I'm extremely depressed. I have gained over 20 lbs, I hate the way that my life is going and what it worse is that I don't think my husband even cares or doesn't love me anymore. I just feel like I ruined my life. I thought of my self after high school as being successful with a husband that adored me and no real financial problems. Instead I've been laid off, my husband doesn't care about me anymore, I'm in major debt and my only car was in a car accident so I'm using my mother's car. I love my kids to death and that's really the only thing that is keeping me up. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe you should see someone and talk to them. you owe it to your kids
    Anonymous

• I agree, seek out a pastor or therapist or life coach. YOu will feel so much better getting out your feelings to a 3rd party. But be encouraged, these are hard times, the holidays are diffcult to deal with when things aren't "going right". However, your kids love you and they adore you and they want a healthy loving mom to spend time with. Make a plan for yourself. Begin with small goals and steps you will take to reach those goals. If you have a talent or skill indulge in it to keep your spirits up while you work out your plan. Good luck!
    Dicea

Answer by Dicea at 3:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I was recently in that same boat and I just stopped looking at everything that was wrong in my life and looking at everything that was going well. I have 2 happy healthy children and although I wasn't able to give them the type of xmas we used to we were still able to give them a xmas. I am out of work, but looking into school. Credit's bad now but it can be rebuilt. Remember to look for the silver lining. I know it may seem hard but look to your children for guidance because they are still able to love you and appreciate all of the small things in life. Trust me it will get better:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Get a physical to rule out a physical reason for your depression. There could be a hormonal imbalance that hinders your mood. Make sure that you are eating a nutritous diet. Get exercise every day. A half hour of moderate exercise is recommended- take a walk. If you can't walk outside, walk around your house, or put on music that you enjoy and dance and wave your arms, even if you get your half hour in by doing 10 minutes at a time 3 times a day. Do volunteer work, it will help you meet new people, get you out of the house, and let you know you are helping others. Talk with friends. PIcture yourself happy- think of a place that you enjoy and think about your being there and enjoying it. Picture yourself as you would like to be. Do this every day for about 5-10 minutes. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Take one day at at time. make one small change every day or at least every week. . I lost almost 50 lbs by making small changes in my eating habits and doing weight training using a tape for SENIORS! I learned that building muscle mass burns calories so make your body do the work for you. If you get a few min to sit down just grab a small weight (the tape suggested a can of soup if you don't have a weight) and start with that. You can find a simple beginner's weight training/strength training regiment online.Unless you have a hormonal imbalance, thyroid problem (or some other medical condition keeping you from losing weight) these simple measures will help jump start you into losing. Once you start seeing a difference then you will have incentive to continue and do more. Add exercises and make menu changes. Before you know it you will have your confidence and your man's attention back then watch out. WOO HOO!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008