Who feels this is wrong I did not get a gift from my husband but I got him I don't work right now cause I'm pregnant but I babysitter so how is it he couldn't get me a gift should I feel bad?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• ehh id say let it go its a man thing lol. My husband and I didnt exchange gifts this year all though it was never said we werent going to i guess we just didnt for whatever reason i didnt get him anything and he didnt get me anything. probably becuz we had so many others to buy for and were so busy christmas isnt about getting anyway its about being with the ones you love.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Don't feel bad, because the fact that you STILL gave a gift and you have less income will make him feel like "oh, maybe I could have..." in hind site (maybe no time soon). Anyways the same thing happened to my best friend and she got him an XBOX and got zilch in return. I encouraged her to tell him how that made her feel so he understands. I encourage you to do the same, don't hold it in, it will only cause damage to you and your relationship in the end. TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL! Who knows, maybe you both will agree to never exchange again. But atleast you'll know it before you get him something anyways...
    Dicea

Answer by Dicea at 3:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My hubby and I didn't really buy eachother anything either. We just made some time for ourselves. and anyways men are cheap especially when they got kids on the brain LOL
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• everytime hubby and i bought something for each other it just sits and collcets dust or i wouls just ship it to good will after yrs go bye. but what we do now is he picks what he wants and i pick what i want and the gift gets used and doesn get dusty.. so i bet he rather have you pick it out cause you know what you want and your in that kind of stage that tears flo3w easy
    Anonymous

• It is all about the kids this year forsome reason everybody is kind of low in cash this year.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• He should have given you something, even a hunny-do list of things around the house that he would take care of, or a note saying that he loves you. It is perfectly OK that you feel hurt, not because you gave him something and he didn't get you anything, but because he didn't give you anything. He should have told you ahead of time so that you wouldn't be disappointed. But, it's over. Be generous now and let it go. Hug and love him and let him know that you appreciate him for the person he is.

Answer by Bmat at 4:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I am in the opposite situation, sort of. DH and I agreed not to exchange gifts because of our financial situation (he was laid off in Oct), but it turns out he bought my present back in August and never said anything...and it was diamond earrings! I felt horrible and kept apologizing. In the end he said please don't apologize...I did this because I wanted to and had the money, and I don't ever want you feeling like you let me down. Sometimes people do stuff regardless of the agreements, and we have to see it for what it is....before you jump to conclusions, talk to him and figure it out rationally.
    Anonymous

• Did you agree not to buy anything? Next Christmas, be specific about what you want. My husband doesn't usually always get what I mean but he tries and that is a gift in itself. I have learned to be grateful and gracious in those times.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008