wear to buy maternity clothes?

so i have to face reality now lol my pants dont fit so i guess its time to buy some maternity outfits.
however i dont wana spend a ton of money on things im only going to wear for another 4months.
iv tried motherhood maternity, sears, jc pennys, kohls its just so spendy i dont wana spend that much any idea as to wear to buy cute but cheaper maternity clothes.
our walmart here in town doesnt sell maternity clothes.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Our Kmart here sells really cute maternity clothing.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Targets not bad...hit the clearance racks first. I got a bunch of stuff at Old Navy...again, hit the clearance rack. You can sometimes get lucky and get pants for like 5-10 dollars at old navy. Sometimes Motherhood has some good clearanced out tops and pants. Good Luck.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I didn't have a ton of money either to spend on maternity clothes. I found alot of really good condition maternity clothes off craigslist.com you just need to look in the free section or under kids section and you can find some really good stuff for cheap. Or you could try the salvation army something like that. If you are in desperate need they have crisis pregnancy centers everywhere just about and if you go and talk to someone they will give you free coupons to go and buy stuff from the stores. good luck!
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• These are great patterns and requires only a straight stitch and basic sewing knowledge. If you don't sew, ask you mother or aunt or a neighbor or friend who sews.
    http://sewchic.blogspot.com/2008/08/tutorial-how-to-convert-jeans-into.html
    http://seemommysew.wordpress.com/maternity-skirt-tutorial-the-gwenna/
    http://femininepursuits.blogspot.com/2007/11/maternity-t-shirt-dress-tutorial.html
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Old Navy has pretty good sales and if there isn't one near you, you can shop online. You can use a belly band so that you don't need mat pants.
    Also. I don't know what kind of clothes you wear or your style, but I was able to wear almost all my sweats just under my belly for the whole pregnancy....you might be able to do that.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i bought most of my maternity cloth on ebay. because like you said, you wont wear them for long. i didnt feel the need of spending way too much on those cloth either.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Motherhood.COM is WAYYYYY cheaper than the Motherhood store. Target sells maternity too I just dont like their clothes.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I've gotten almost all of my clothes from Old Navy- the sales are amazing. But Target also has really cute relatively cheap maternity clothes. Goodluck!
    juliasmommy08

Answer by juliasmommy08 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Motherhood.. I would but ONE good pair of pants to GROW in2. I went cheap and they ripped down the butt..So i went to motherhood and bought extra strechy jeans full coverage..I am also having a c section so i will be wearing them for a couple months after lol..BUT you can try ross,tj max, jcp,sears,target is ok and walmart kinda sucks(depending on location..)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I am having the same problem, I went to Walmart, horrible selection, and they were all summer clothes, and who wants to buy walmart clothes for $30 +++ bucks.... I also went to Kohls, Old Navy, and same thing summer clothes, I live in CT so I need winter clothes right now. I did go to Target and bought 2 pairs of pants they were much more than I wanted to buy $27 bucks each but I feel so much better wearing something that fits.... I also had a horrible time finding bra's and went to my new fav store.... Burlington Coat Factory cheap bras $8 bucks!!! So check them out!!!!! There clothes were OK, and I do the ebay thing!!!!
    TraceyB1

Answer by TraceyB1 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008