Question about do it yourself Will Maker Software

I need to make a will & a few people suggested using a Will Maker program that you buy for the computer.
I was going to buy one, but I have a few questions...
So if you've used one, please help!

1. What is the name of the program/software that you used?
2.And are the do it yourself Wills really legal?
3.How exactly does the software work.... like does it go step by step to create the will? I hope so, because I have no idea how to create a will, so I hope it guides me through it.
4. Can DH & I make a joint one using the software? That's kind of the point of us having a will... in case something were to happen to both of us, you know?

UnprfctSAHMto2

Asked by UnprfctSAHMto2 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Health

• I think you have to make individual wills and in them you say if he dies you get this, if he dies he gets that, if you both die then the kids go with this person. I havent done a will using software but have using a lawyer. Basically though my understanding with the software it gives you options. If you are able to do one that way then once done you have to have it norotized and taken down to the courthouse where they will keep a registered copy in the event something happens to either of you. Simply making a will doesnt protect you.

Answer by gemgem at 4:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008