Why did the fire happen to me?

Burncliff apts burned down on monday and we lost all that we had. Only 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs and 2 rats made it out alive none were ours and my mom isn't giving me a damn dime of the donation money we received. I have helped her alot and she is being a bitch. When she replaces our computer she isn't going to get me be on it much anymore. My mom said when they let people enter their apts with salvagable stuff only she gets to go in and I knw she will worry about her stuff first and she is the slowest person I know. I lost my purse and all of Lacies newborn pics except the ones I put up on here :(

I don't know what I'm going to do I'm completly down on my luck. I need help but I don't know what kind my mind is boggled.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Chritsmas was kind of depressing because I bought the tree and we had so many gifts under the tree and I was so excited but my heart is broken now and all I want to do is crawl into a hole and die.

I'm only 18 and already I was homeless 2 years ago and now we lost everything.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I live 20 minutes from Burnsville - so I have been keeping up with the fire and all the donations. Why isn't your mom letting you replace your things? That was what the money is to be used for!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yes why is she saying that? Maybe she is just majorly stressed. You should ask her why.
    Anonymous

• try and sit down talk to her. be respectful and courteous. remember you're not the only one that lost. explain to her your feelings about it all and try and reach a compromise about it.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• im so sorry for ur loss. i have lost everything in a fire before and it is not easy. my fire was when i lived in burnsville in 03 and i still think about the things i wish i still had. im sorry ur mom is being that way im sure she is so stressed out too, at the same time if u lost everything she need to understand that ur gonna need some of the money to try and put ur life back together. i wish u the best of luck!
    momov2grls

Answer by momov2grls at 11:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Salvation Army usually will give you vouchers for things like furniture, dishes, clothes...ect... Red Cross, talk to them yourself. Also talk to local churches and other community resources. If you are over 18 and living with your mom then these agencies will be able to provide some help to you. Dishes, clothes, furniture...all these items help to get a place of your own. If you have helped your mom out a lot then my guess is you are super responsible and resiliant. You can move away and start a home on your own with a little bit of assistance. Since you are a victim of fire Red Cross and Salvation Army are your best options. You were basically a roommate is sounds like. So treat it like that. Say - I was living with my roommate and my home burnt down. Get documentation form your appartment manager that yes you lived there (don't have to say you lived with your mom), and yes the place burned down. Good luck.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• im sorry to hear that my prayers are with you. too bad you didnt live closer to me =( im moving and getting rid of lots of stuff. but as above suggested with community out reach programs are your best bet. and if you can check out craigslist under free items or maybe even post items you need and why on there ...try to stay positive it only can better from here on out. good luck
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• sounds like its time for you too go and stand on your own too feet try finding a place for just you and your baby look in too housing or something like that also look in too teen mom shelters
    Anonymous