does anyone have any advice? My dy son's docter prescribed Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP 1%/0.05% (base) is this safe to useon a 5 month old? His docter prescribed it for his ecema. i read the paperwork with it and i honestly dont trust it. it say not for use on children 17 or younger. please give ur advice. Thanks!

ecema, docter,

Mommy_manda2008

Asked by Mommy_manda2008 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• For my daughter's eczema (sp?) we only ever used cortizone cream to stop the itching, then we'd cover her in Johnson & Johnson's Nourishing Milk Lotion. It always clears it up within a few days.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 6:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think that if you can I would try a natural solution email me for info.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have used it one my own children before and it contains a steriod base that helps the skin to heal faster for and the prescription never gave us any side effects however we did switch to the aveeno oatmeal cream anti-itch for my four year old and haven't seen alot of problems lately. You might want to try the aveeno products first as long as your baby is not allergic to oatmeal(it's main ingredient) I hope your baby feels better soon.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't. ASk a pharmasist with a PharmD. He/she will now how safe it is. A lot of time skin problems are due to food intolerances.
    mommakline

Answer by mommakline at 12:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• im uploading a pic on my page in the pics fell free to look and tell me what you think. this is what it looks like when its bad when its good its dry and flakey does not get beter than dry and flakey though.
    Mommy_manda2008

Answer by Mommy_manda2008 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008