Does anyone ACTUALLY eat it?

For Christmas, we get a lot of food baskets with cookies and breads and junk. It sits out until it goes bad then gets thrown away. They are so expensive, and to be frank, a big waste of money.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 4:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• Yea, it is. I do eat what I like but it isn't always good to the palate. Not a good value basically but the producers do a good job of convincing people it's a good gift.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Try freezing the stuff for another time when you'd enjoy it more. You can use the cookies and breads another time for times when you need toppings for desserts. This way they won't be wasted.

Answer by Bmat at 4:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I do, depending on what's in it. I don't get a lot of them, though, so we generally have no trouble finishing it before it goes bad. If it's something we really don't like, I try to donate it somewhere instead of letting it go bad and throwing it away. I figure the intention is still pretty much the same: the person who sent it to you wanted to feed someone, so they are. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, back when I was divorced, my boss always gave us a hugh gift basket for Christmas. I remember years it being the only food we had in the house. Can you donate it to a needy family that you know of, a neighbor or someone from church?
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We have always eaten them. Freezing is a great idea. When you want them you can micro for a few seconds and they are as good as fresh. Jellies and cheeses usually last a long time in the fridge.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I wont ever eat it. That stuff never sounds good to me. I didnt think of donating. Thanks:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I actually usually eat it or take it somewhere for New Years Eve
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I was also going to say just to donate them. Perfect solution and it does not go to waste.

That is sort of funny you get so many. I think once I got a fruitcake though.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 8:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008