Does your checkbook always balance to the penn?

I hate the balancing my checkbook...it takes 2 or 3 hours...it never balances to the penny! It drives me nutty!

mamadita

Asked by mamadita at 5:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't balance a checkbook! So I don't know. Never saw much of a reason to. I check the account and all the activity daily... It takes less than a moment and I always know what is going on.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If your checkbook doesn't balance then I think you should be keeping better track and writing things down more correctly. Mine always matches up because I am very careful about it. If it is off, you could be bouncing a check or something. Thats really bad. I've never bounced a check before, but I think there are lots of fees and stuff for that.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i am a nut about balancing my checkbook. i do it almost daily though so it doesn't get out of control. i worked in a bank before and i know that errors are very common so try to stay on top of it because you don't want to be cheated.
    elaina1983

Answer by elaina1983 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Do you write things down as you use your account. When I am in a store, I either write that transaction in the register right there or put the receipt in the register and write it down later that night. I alwaysh ave an idea of how much is in the account when I am using it though.

I worked in a bank also and saw so many problem because people didnt balance their checkbook. You need to make sure that write everything down correctly, and dont wait until you get your statement to do it. I go online each day and compare that with what I have. If there is a difference, I look for things I have written down that have not cleared my account yet, and most of the time that is what it is.

Good Luck
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Absolutely! It balances to the penny every month and only takes about 10 minutes to reconcile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2008