Am i the only one...

on here who does NOT believe in god and all that other religious crap?!

i do not live by a "book" and i do not do what "Others" want me to do and to be. I have my own opinion on everything. Seriously, so much shit happening in the world today and people still believe that god excists. its just annoying.

i mean, i respect everyones religion and i do not avoid ppl just because they are religious, but i would appreciate it when they keep their BS for their church friends. Why do religious people have to bother everybody with "their" stuff.

Why do they tell me im going to hell because i dont believe in god?!

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL - no, you aren't the only one, sweetie!! There are a few of us Christians who do try very hard not to shove our faith down everyone else's throats. Now, if you ask us, we'll definitely tell you what we think and believe, but if you don't, we won't make you listen to it either.

I am sorry, though, that you have encountered such aggressive evangelism. Obviously, it wasn't effective!!
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 7:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• That's scary!
    Anonymous

• When I was younger this woman chased me onto the bus screaming that I was going to hell. And the cops had to intervene, some very strong believers can be scary.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 5:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I don't believe in God either, but that is their belief. It is their belief that it is their job to try and "show" other people what it is that they believe in, and in return we feel overwhelmed with being pushing their religion on us.

What you have to remember is that not all people that follow religion are extremists, and that you should not lump them all into one group, just like we should not lump them all into one group.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Like i said i respect their religion (beliefs). thats totally ok when they believe in all this stuff. My hubbys family is very religious, except from him. They sent us a christmas card and the last words have been: "god bless".

Thats nice and i appreciate that. They never did and never will push us and want us to believe in god. Because we simply dont. Why are other religious people so crazy about it?! It seems like some of the religious people dont accept anything else. Most of them are totally ignorant. And thats what bothers me so about it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No, You're not alone. Seems that the only ones able to speak are the believing sorts. The rest of us must keep our decisions personal. So much for religious freedom.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way.....I do avoid some of my family because all they do is preach to me and I can't stand it!!!!!
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 5:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• im with ya. and don't shove your religions down my throat i wouldn't do it to you. live your life and i will live mine
    Anonymous

• I believe in an afterlife and a higher power because of seeing what I've seen. I grew up in a haunted house... it's hard not to believe after that, that there's something more out there. I do really care what other people believe, but I DO NOT go out of my way to offend them either. This is a religious question section, so if you arent happy with what people write, ignore them. That goes for people on the street, if what they preach offends you walk away... as far as why they preach to you.. the more you seem to be bothered by it, the more people want to "help". Your the reason they reach out... if you play like you are indifferent, it won't be such a problem to you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I know what you're saying, but it's not all religious people either.

Also, God is not the reason for all the bad things happening in this world.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008