Have you taken down your decorations already?

mamadita

Asked by mamadita at 5:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• I usually don't take them down until after the New Year, but this year I just couldn't take it any more! lol. I took the tree, all the home decor, the outdoor stuff and put it all away! My two boys are out of school until first week of January and it was all too much, Nerf rockets being shot into the tree , my three year old "climbing" the tree to get them , um yeah I am pretty much over it !
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No. We barely finished getting them up about two days before Christmas because we all had so much going on, so I have a feeling we'll end up leaving them up for a bit just so we all can feel like it was worth it.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I took my tree down earlier this afternoon. It's been up since before Thanksgiving and it just takes too much space in my trailor. The rest of my snowmen stuff is still out though.
    brittjohnson

Answer by brittjohnson at 5:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yup it was the first thing i did this morning. I took the tree and all the little house decor down.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Not yet. I think we will wait until after new years. I am enjoying having an artificial tree and not having to take a real one down straight away.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Nope, not yet but planning on it this weekend. It'll take a week just to get things packed up again!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 8:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No but Id like to.
    DH says its bad luck to take the tree down before the first so I have to keep it up to humor him LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• January 2nd except for some Christmas stuff since we are having company on NYeve, we will do it up for that.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Not yet, but we plan on it this week end...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, we celebrate Advent from the Sunday after Thanksgiving until Dec. 24th with a wreath & candles, blue & silver colors in the decor, and singing Christmas Carols like O Come Emmanuel. The Nativity creche gets built up more every evening, and Mary & Joseph come closer with the donkey. Dec. 24th the wreath on the table gives way to the Christmas tree and Mary & Joseph settle into the stable. We are set to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. Baby Jesus appears Christmas morning, the shepherds arrive that night and the 3 Kings figures start their journey toward the stable. Different Christmas Carols now get sung, and different Christmas stories get told or read. In January, 3 Kings carols are added and they arrive. Then they start their return journey .... things start to get packed up after 3 Kings' Day Jan.6. So by mid-January, Christmas decor has been replaced by winter & spring imagery. I love it !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2008