Has anyone tried selling Avon? I am considering trying this at home business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have sold Avon for three years now and honestly you dont earn much money. I usually spend the money I do earn on my products for myself. Unless you are going to make a hug business out of it, dont count on making money. I just do it because I enjoy it and I like to order stuff for myself.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 5:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i wouldnt sell avon, even if i would get stuff for free. i know a few women who did and they didnt make any money at all.

it also depends on where you live. if the job market in your area is kinda screwed right now, then dont expect people to buy your stuff.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i just signed up for the discount when I order stuff myself
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I tried to sell Avon and it didn't work out for me at all. IF you know alot of people that will buy from you then sell it but if you don't know many people that will buy then don't bother. I never made much money. You also have to buy the booklets and samples
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have been selling Avon for 4 years. I make very little money at it and usually spend more than I make. In the past I have spent a lot of money on brochures trying to get customers, but it never works out for me. My only customers are people that I know and that isn't steady at all. The thing that stinks to me is how much you have to pay for the brochures. If you think that you can get a lot of people to buy from you it may work out, but it is hard to make people spend money that they don't have and most of your customer base will be over the age of 50. Younger people would rather go shopping in a mall or dept store for their make up and stuff. But good luck if you decide to give it a shot.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It seems like I have lost money trying to sell this product.
    Anonymous

• I have sold Avon in the past... I didn't like it! I'm not a sales person!! And truthfully it was more work than I wanted to put out. My mother is one of my area's top Avon Ladies and is only earnin a residual income of $1200 and durring a good month she makes another $1000 or so in purchase commissions.
    She's been doing Avon for 30 years! I am earning close to her "good months" income in less than a year with my company...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I tried it and it did not work out for me either! But I have found mine now and love it!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have friends that sell it and they do pretty good,best of luck to you!
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Hi,

I actually haven't tried selling Avon, although I do know people who do sell it. They don't make much. If you are interested in a stay at home job, where you can make really great income, please send me a pm.

Have a great day!
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 8:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2008