Would you rather be Hugh Hefner's personal assistant or the President's speechwriter?

Country220

Asked by Country220 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• presidents speechwriter... just because i dont like this whole hugh hefner playboy thing
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The President's speechwriter...because I am a writer and it would be very cool to have someone so prominent in our nation reading my words.
    Anonymous

• I hate the whole playboy thing myself but honestly I would rather be the personal assistant because it would be an easier job. People would always be critical of you if you were the speechwriter. In our society you would be more looked down on if you were a horrible writer than if you had connections with Hugh Hefner.
    Anonymous

• Personal Asst to Hefner cuz Id giggle at the fact he has an employee who isnt stick thin and model like material. hehe

Plus, he seems to treat his staff well so having some extra goodies might come in handy LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• lol - neither, but if I had to be one or the other, the President's speechwriter. Because once you are at that level, regardless of your personal politics, it's quite a professional accomplishment. Besides, for good, bad, or indifferent (depending on the President and depending on your personal political views), you get a front row view of history being made, and quite possibly you would get insights into why choices were made.

Talk about the ultimate "love to be a fly on the wall when" sort of job!

I find that much more fascinating than seeing some rich old man screwing young women who have little to no respect for themselves all over the place.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Besides, personal feelings about Hefner's lifestyle aside, in the end, a personal assistant is still just that - a personal assistant. Long hours being someone's "go for", making sure their dry cleaning got picked up, they remembered to go to their Dr's appointment, and ensuring that the next party they're going to will have their favorite type of bottled water / booze / snack food can't be that great a job. It's a starter / stepping stone sort of job usually.

Where as a speech writer for a President (again, regardless of which one, or how popular they were), would be a way that your work / words could influence millions and could be a part of history. THAT would be a pinnacle of your career sort of job.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The President's speechwriter...hands down. I can't stand celebrities and all of their high maintenance requests. And I wouldn't want to be at somebody's beck and call.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would get into SO much trouble as the president's speechwriter. I'm good at it. I am a writer but I'd be throwing in jokes and inappropriate sexual innuendos just for fun so even though I'm trained for that position I'd have to take the PA job with Hef. I hate that thought but he does have connections. I could gag through being his PA. I'm sure the perks are great once he's out of the room. Not sure he'd like an old fat woman with boobs dragging the ground as his PA...but after month of physical therapy for a hip problem I have been told I have a nice butt now!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• OMG LOL!!

Good one!

I'm gonna go with speechwriter...... Hugh grosses me out, I think I'd rather eat a handful of cat sh*t then go to bed with that old prune....
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Personal Asst--life would be one big party!!! (if i was not a mom-of course!)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008