did anyone's children help clean up the wrappings after opening the presents?

my oldest helped!! i was shocked!!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mine did. They pretty much have (age appropriately) since they were little. But we don't do the whole mad rush of everyone ripping into presents thing. We all take turns and open one at a time, with a bag there to throw paper away as we go. This way, things don't get lost, we all get to see what they got./ we don't miss reactions when they open "the best gift ever", it prolongs the fun, and generally we think it works better / everyone stays happier this way.

Since we're opening the presents like this, then having the kid stuff the wrapping in the trash bag or tossing it over to one of us to stuff in (or, when they were little, us cleaning up as they went) isn't a big deal :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My children have helped since they were very little. It goes really fast when everyone pitches in.
    PsYcHoBuBble

Answer by PsYcHoBuBble at 6:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My dog ate it... sigh......
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My oldest helped as well.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My daughter is almost 18months old and she already loves to clean things up. She picked up all the wrappings and put them on the couch, even if it was only a tiny piece. She had so much fun doing that. Or just today. i cleaned up the coffee table in the living room (newspaper ect.) i dropped a piece of paper and she said "no no no", picked it up and brought it to the trash can in the kitchen... thats just too funny :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My kids helped b/c if they didn't - they couldn't play with anything! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Mine tried. I didnt let them.

Answer by gemgem at 6:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sure they helped. They know that if they make the mess, they have to clean it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My kids did some of it, they were more interested in their toys
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I dont have children yet but we have ALWAYS helped. We actually did most of it. Thats funny that your dog ate it!! We have to put my moms dog in her basement while we open them or he will open them all lol. He loves doing it. But sometimes he just doesnt open them. Sometimes he eats the presents!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2008