How many outfits do your kids have for school typically?

One of my fellow mom friends made a comment about my kids having so many clothes, and I guess I was wondering if I am the only one who makes sure their kids have plenty to start school with? My mom always bought me a new wardrobe when school started and I do the same with my kids.
I do alot of mix and match and dresses to make life a little easier with my dd who is 6. Even with that she still has atleast 10 outfits so she does not repeat the same outfit for two weeks. My boys have 5 pairs of jeans and 4 pairs of shorts when school starts and around 10 shirts.

So tell me what is the rest of the country/world doing as far as clothes for their kids?

Asked by gemgem at 12:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2011 in

• I do the same as you, i get them both lots. I counted dds' shirts that are still good from last year(still fit, colors are great, not faded etc) there were 17 shirts. THat dosnt count the new ones i've bought her for school either! She needs lots of pants, as i guess only her legs grew lol. She nomaly has 5-6 skirts, 4 dresses and about 7 pants. lots of leggings, several hoodies and jackets.
    Makes me wonder, how many clothes your friends kids have?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2011

• my boys have 5 pair of jeans; 3 pair of sweats; shorts; short and long sleeve shirts; slacks and t shirts we mix and match everything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2011

• My girls have about 12 pairs of pants, 5 dresses, 20 shirts, 5 pairs of shirts. I usually only buy 1 or 2 new outfits and the rest are from good will or hand me downs. I can go 3 weeks without doing laundry.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2011

• I also get my kids a lot of new clothes for school because they usually cannot fit the clothes from the previous year. I start buying a bunch of pants and long sleeve shirts within the first couple months of school. But during the winter months, I find really nice sweaters at thrift stores.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2011

• lol I know right? I never really pay attention to what other kids are wearing. I know we live in a pretty poor community so not everyone can afford the same things. Jobs are hard to come by where I live. I am just blessed my husband has a decent paying job.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2011