stretch marks?

At what week during pregnancy did you get stretch marks, and if you didn't get any what did you use on your tummy? I am 30 weeks and none so far....knock on wood. I use oil and lotion twice a day.

adupuie

Asked by adupuie at 6:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i used everything that "promised" you wouldnt get any at all.. and my whole belly and back are full of stretchmarks. they started to come when i was 4 or 5 months along. they dont really bother me too. i call them "mommy scars" ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have a friend that went her whole entire pregnancy without them. She didnt even get them afterwards. She always went to the gym. I thought maybe that if you stretch alot you wouldnt get them because you are helping your belly stretch. But some people just dont get them. When I was in 8th grade I was 5'2" and I weighed 145 and I had big boobs and a big butt but I got taller and now I am 5'4" and weigh 122 and I got stretch marks on my boobs and my butt from being so big. So it just depends on the person.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'm 31 weeks and don't have them. I didn't get them with my first. I think u will get them if u didn't get them already :)
    Anonymous

• I never got a single stretch mark, and I never used any lotion or anything to prevent it. It's really unavoidable.... If it's in your genetics to get them, I don't think any lotion, etc. will prevent it. My granny or mom never had stretch marks, so hopefully, if I have a daughter someday, she won't either!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 7:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I didn't get stretch marks with any of my three pregnancies. I didn't use anything.

My ex-SIL used all kinds of lotions, drank water by the gallon, gained the recommended amount of weight and looked like a road map.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• they're unavoidably either you get em or you don't;nothing in the world can prevent them.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 8:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i didnt get any till 1 month after i gave birth.. it sucks.. i got them on my stomach, legs, boobs, but oh well
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• There's nothing you can do to prevent stretch marks...except not get prego and don't ever gain a lot of weight quickly! It's genetic....if you're gonna get stretch marks, you're gonna get them, no matter what you do.
    I didn't get any with my first baby. I used regular lotion, only because I have dry skin. My second baby was GINORMOUS and I got stretch marks at like 35 weeks or so. I was also using lotion...maybe even more so. It was just that my baby girl was too big!
    So, good luck, I hope you don't get them, but there's nothing you can do about it!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Thanks for all the advice and support. 31 weeks this week!!!
    adupuie

Answer by adupuie at 9:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2008