I am 27 weeks pregnant and I have never smelled so bad down below before. During this entire pregnacy I always smell down there no matter how much I clean. What is up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im having the exact same problem and had the same problem w my other 2 pregnancies..the dr said its normal but i am going to talk to her about it the next time i go in..its like REALLY bad for me..sometimes i compare it to cat pee..that ammonia smell..lemme know if you find out how to get rid of it..i clean myself and an hour later i wreak..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• it could be your hormons or an infection. you should definately talk to your OB about it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• sounds like maybe you got a infection of some sort id call your dr.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I wouldn't say I smell bad, but I smell strong to *me* -- my sense of smell becomes like a super human power when I am pregnant. My husband insists he doesn't smell anything and I don't smell different to him. My discharge is heavier (which is perfectly normal).. Definitely bring your concerns to your doctor. Signs of an infection would be discharge that is green or yellow (like when you blow your nose during a bad cold), or yeast which is white and clumpy. Your labia may look red and inflamed or itch. Those would be the most obvious signs.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• sounds like a bacterial infection,call your doctor.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 8:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Talk to your doc, but I could definitely smell myself more than usual. Be careful about cleaning; you don't want to over clean. That can put things out of balance and increase your risk of getting some kind of infection.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• it does change a lot when your pregnant, but if it doesn't go away its more likely an infection then just being dirty so you need to get it checked out
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008