Does this make you so mad too? Lawyers knew an innocent man was in prison for 26 years.......

and never told anyone about it!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/06/60minutes/main3914719.shtml

It makes me livid! If I were those lawyers I wouldn't care if I was disbarred, keeping someone who's in prison for 26 years because of your own selfishness is just plain wrong.

Not only did that mess up the innocent guys life, but our taxes paid $780,000ish because they keep that secret. (It costs about30k a year to house a prisoner.)

UGH,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That disgusts me. I understand there is a confidentiality but I don't feel that should apply when you have information that can set an innocent man free.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• He is out of prison now... it was on inside edition.... he forgives thre lawyers
    Anonymous

• Doesn't surprise me in the least bit.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I just plain feel horrible for that man. I feel bad for his family and hope he gets something out of this. That's terrible.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• This is a very interesting question. Really, seriously, would you sacrifice your livelihood to someone unrelated and hardly know? Unless the prisoner was extremely rich, most people wouldn't care.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Unless the prisoner was extremely rich, most people wouldn't care.

Huh?

Anonymous

• I think it is upsetting. If you watched the interview on tv, the lawyers felt HORRIBLE. their hands were tied. They were able to make this deal that when he died, they could tell the truth.
    myame

Answer by myame at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• That is awful I think we should put all the people who knew he was innocent in jail for a while and see how they liked it
    juliedustin85

Answer by juliedustin85 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It is AWFUL but like the lawyers said the courts would not believe them if they took it to trial because of the violation between client and lawyer.. So the case would have been thrown out of court.. What else could they do???
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 10:03 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The attorneys followed the law the way it is written, they had to. Something needs to be done about the laws, but most people are like us. HOW? Prisoners HAVE to have confidentiality with their attorneys, but there needs to be some clause or something to save innocent other people too. This case just proves that. There is no one to go to for reparations here, either. The original trial was as fair as usual. The lawyers who knew the truth couldn't say what they knie. The man who actually committed the crime is dead...
    Anonymous