Name for a photography studio?

I'm hoping to start a photography business in the near future and my studio needs a name (ie., "something something photography", "portraits by blank", etc). Any good ideas?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 6:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I like stores that double entendre words or phrases to not only name their business but also convey their services...like "Buy The Book." For your photography studio, you could do something along the lines of:

Picture Perfect Photography
    Pictures Worth A Thousand Words
    A Moment In Time
    Memories
    Reeling In The Years
    It's A Snap! Photography Studios
    Take One! Photography Studios
    Picture This!

To me, if business owners are creative with their business name, they may be even MORE creative with their services or products--which IMO sells uniqueness or personal touches that are often hard to find.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Click Click Flash
    Perfect Portraits
    Pictures Of You
    Beautiful Moments

Or just use your name like Sophia's Pictures or Farris Studios

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Portrait Moments, Memories Unlimited, Picture this moment. I'm not to good at this. lol. I like the other ones better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I like Glimpses
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• dont go gimicky. gimics get old. i like Farris Studios. portraits by sophia. portraits by farris. simple & identifiable. your projects will speak for themselves, thats where you will make a name for your self, not a gettchy name, however clever it may be. glimpses is good but it makes you wonders..glimpses of what? your gotta satisify your customer from the very beganing...good luck! what a fun job!
    Anonymous

• what kind of photos will you take? kids? family? pets? all? I LOVE specialty photo places. Like ones that specialize in children, or teens. or family. I think "Priceless" would do it!! I think all photos are priceless.

4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Sentimental Journey by Sophia, or how about "you should be in pictures" Photography by Sophia
    Capture the moment-photo stuido by Sophia Farris,
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have to say that first you need to realize that most of the answers so far have names that are already taken. PLUS you need to be original, you need to think of key words that you like that describes a little of what you do, and I think its always nice to be able to use your name as part of it but for me I dont like the ones that say " Pictures by so and so" OR " Photography by so and so" OR "So and so photography" I just think they are boring. I have a name for my business that doesnt use the word picture or photography but its a personal choice too so its not going to help by getting ideas from others you know? Good Luck though!
    Anonymous