Anybody ever try the cabbage soup diet?

I just did a google search about this and its telling me its a short-term diet that can knock 10 pounds off! I need to get into a size 4 dress by January 31st and I think 10 pounds will do the trick. If anybody has tried this or knows of somebody who has please tell. Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• forget it lol its gross and yes you will drop the weight but its becuz it will cause you to have diareaha. your better off just getting some extra excersize and eat smaller meals and drink lots of fluids.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• also eating to much of it is very bad for you, i have known 2 people that ended up in the hospital over it.... try those pills called Fahrenheit, u can get it at walmart for 20 and it will help u lose that weight by jan 31
    Anonymous

• You can probably give it a shot but I don't believe you will like it 1. Have you every tried to boil cabbage 2. It gives you gas 3. Diarreah.

I would suggest you listen Mommy2B04

I heard sweating is also the key along with what mommy2B04 said. Good Luck :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It has nothing to do with the cabbage. It is a severly calorie restricted diet. That's why the drastic weight loss. It's incredibly unhealthy. You'll lose the same amount of weight eating 800-1000 calories a day of almost any food. At a 1000 a day you can eat a bit more healthy, but you're still starving you body of what it needs to stay healthy.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My neighbor did and she gained it all back---it didn't last long because she couldn't handle the
    "after" results:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• it's a starvation diet.. just buy another dress. LOLOL..
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• That really is a starvation diet....think about it. How can you feed your body only cabbage water for a month and expect it to work efficiently. THen when you give it REAL food again, what will happen? Your body will probably freak out and start storing even MORE fat because you just starved it. Its the same thing that happens to anorexic and bulemic people.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2009