How can I keep my hair from falling flat?

My hair looks great after I blow dry it. It has great bounce and volume , but after about an hour it looks stuck to my head. How can I keep it from falling flat. I use styling gel and hairspray.

chickychatter

Asked by chickychatter at 7:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Try moose then hairspray, moose give me an up lift on my hair but then again is your hair straight.???
    Mine is a loose curl look to it a slight wave.
    Add moose to your roots and you will see the difference, I don't like gel for longer hair past the shoulder I think is too stcky and it seems like it pulls out hair as I style. My opinion GL :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have this same problem. I started to backbrush and that seems to help a bit.
    Anonymous

• I have straight heavy hair, I just got it cut to shoulder length hoping it would help me to have more volume.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 7:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• try putting the product under your hair instead of on top. Then blow dry with your head upside down.
    Anonymous

• My best friend has that problem and she uses a product called "root lifter" It does make a difference.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Moose is your best friend. Also blowing your hair upside down helps. Try not to use too much hair spray, it weights your hair down! Use a round brush too, close to the roots. It helps a lot! Takes practice, but helps. Consider hot curlers (even the "velcro" ones and heat it with your hairdryer) , if you set your hair as you dressed and put on your makeup, you would have TONS of volume.
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i have that problem too im thinking pantene root lifter sounds like the cure
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 3:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2008