Any ideas for tummy time to be fun, and not stressful?

My 3 month old hates tummy time. Any ideas???

odinsmom19

Asked by odinsmom19 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both my babies hated tummy time. I'd do like some of the others mentioned, putting toys on the floor, putting the baby on my belly. I also would prop them up on their stomach on the boppy. That's how my son started liking it. My daughter likes to stay on her tummy on my legs(like I'm sitting on the couch with my legs off the edge and she looks at the carpet, whatever else is around)
    Also, just start out for a really short period of time. If the baby stars crying after a few seconds pick it up. Eventually they start liking it.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Put lots of colorful toys in front of your baby then they try to grab and reach out for them also lay next to them while they play they see you next to them they don't mind being on their belly. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Lay next to your baby and talk to his, or lay on the floor on your back and lay your baby on his tummy on your chest. He may like it better if it's also snuggling.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If she hates it then dont put her down for it. I wouldnt.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Keep at it using the aforementioned suggestions. S/he will get used to it and s/he does need it. S/he needs to develop her core muscles so s/he can work on rolling and sitting, crawling and standing..then walking.

Just put her/him down for a little bit longer each time...30 seconds to a minute even...just work up slowly.

Tummy time is very important for babies who sleep on their backs.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008