I'm 37 weeks pregnant almost 38 I went to do the restroom earlier and I peed and when I wiped thee was a snot looking mucus stuff on the toliet paper was that my mucus plug? How much of it does it have to come out?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah that sounds like ur mucus plug.... it depends some people have a alot that comes out and some has a very small amount that comes out..... but usually it is about the size of a half dollar
    Anonymous

• So that doesn't mean I'm going into labor if it was a Lil amount?
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I always had my babies within 48 hours of losing the mucus plug.
    BusyMom5x

Answer by BusyMom5x at 7:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Some women lose their mucus plug slowly and some all at once. After you lose mucus plug you could have your baby tomorrow or even another two weeks. If small amount you may be just starting to lose it and sometimes you will see globs in the toilet bowl. With my first I lost mine in like two days, and had her in about a week after I lost it, actually about 5days. It is one of those things that yes you are getting close, but not sure how close. Annoying I know.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'm so anxious to have her I just hate waiting in pain but I'm also nervous it's my first but thanks for all the answers.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I can understand the excitement. Congrats by the way. It will be here sooner than you know it.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I just lost mine and it was more like a period. My brother says my belly is rock hard and I should be going in shortly. I always thought it was a clot like thing, but I guess theres different variations of a plug for all women.
    ravenlrock

Answer by ravenlrock at 8:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It varies, but you should go into labor fairly soon. I lost mine, and had my first contraction an hour later, my son was born 23 1/2 hrs later.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I lost mine and was induced 5 weeks later.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I tis different for everyone. Call doc if u want to but sounds like it to me. Get ready mama!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008