very depressed....help (long...sorry)

So, I'm suddenly VERY depressed. Like the last several days. I can't stop crying, and I can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time. There are reasons for the depression, and I understand all the hormone issues (I'm about 5 months pregnant). My S/O just switched jobs, and will be making MUCH more money than before, but we've been unbelievably broke for the past month. No little ones at home, so that's good, but obviously we didn't have any Christmas. We have plenty to eat, our rent is only a tiny bit late. I know how much harder it COULD be. It's not helping to know that. I guess it's mostly a case of poor-me. We are also without a car at the moment. We can borrow, for grocery-shopping and dr. appts....but we live in the country, so every little thing we do is hard...calling to "bum" rides, etc. Like I said, I know it could be worse, but I'm just getting worried about not being able to eat or sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Health

• I'm so sorry you're going through this and I agree with my4lads that it sounds like hormones and your circumstances. As rough as things may be, try to focus on the positives in your life. Take time to do some things that you enjoy...things that will take your mind off your worries and lift your spirits. Keep reminding yourself that things will get better. I know these feelings of depression can be hard and if it gets to be too much for you be sure to let your doctor know about it. People care... I care and I hope things get better for you soon.

Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 10:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Honey, its hormones. Its also the fear of the unknown of having a baby and raising a child. Just relax, and take one day at a time. If your worried about nutrition, get some Boost, and drink that. I'm sorry I can't be much help, but I hope this helps.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2008