• In the Spotlight:

How much $ do you spend at christmas per child?

Is it equal or do you do it with the # of gifts? Did you cut down this year?

mothermayiam

Asked by mothermayiam at 8:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• we spent approx 150 per child! I have 4, so yeah we cut down about 50-75 dollars per child this yr.
    NNQ

Answer by NNQ at 8:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I spent 250.00 per a child and got what was on there wish list. My kids are still young so that went pretty far. I think I got my son a total of 13 presents which included clothes and my daughter got 12 which also included clothes. I say so much in a Christmas acct at the bank every year and I budget that among the whole family.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I spent $200.00 per kid and I have 3.. When there teenagers,it doesnt go far
    MustangGirl08

Answer by MustangGirl08 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We do 2 gifts for each child.
    We spent around $130 or so total.
    We try to spend no more than $50/per child. This year it was less as there was less extra money to use.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I only have one child so I just spend what ever I can afford and get him atleast 2 things he really wanted, I try to get him several presents.
    Anonymous

• DD is our first, and currently only, child. She only got one present from mommy and daddy and we spent $25 on it, on sale.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 8:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My daughter is an only child (at least for this christmas!) and I spent around $150 on her...but she got A LOT of stuff for that money...about 20 presents. I buy everything on sale and put it up for christmas.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have two girls and three step kids...we try to keep it to $100 per child (plus we have to buy three plane tickets).
    parrothead

Answer by parrothead at 8:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• $500. That's sounds rediculous but it is a small pile of gifts: ipodTouch, Sephora cosmetic kit, three camis and pants, sweater, gift card to Yankee candle and Bath and Body Works, a necklace, crossword puzzle book, Dr. Who Tshirt and screwdriver, hair straightener. I always do a stocking and pajamas on Cmas eve. Compared to her friends at school and the neighbors kids, this is comparable. I am realizing we are giving more than most and this is something to consider for next year.
    Anonymous

• I try to keep the same number of presents per kid. I have 2, and spent a lot more on the oldest - he got a Wii with accessories and games, along with other smaller (and cheaper) things. I spent much more this year than I normally do. Last year I spent about $150 per kid, this year closer to $600 on my oldest, and $150 on the youngest.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2008