Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What shoud i do?

For the las two months i have been experiencing preggo signs such as, lower back pain, naseaua, belching, uterus pressure, light cramping, headaches,ear aches, dizzyness, and lower abdomianl spasims. Today i went to see my OB doctor and i told her what was wrong with me, and i told her i finished my AF on July 3 and she immeadiatly told me that i couldn't be pregnant. Which i know for a fact it is possible to have a period while pregnant. It runs in my family. So she sad i could take a pee test, but i told her i wanted a blood test and she said no because pee test are 99.9% accurate. I knew it was going to come out negative because i have taken three of them already. I wanted her to draw blood to see if i was infact pregnant or to see if i have an other problem. She didn't even examin me. I left her office feeling exactly the way i went in, CONFUSED. What do u guys think i should do, i have this huge feeling that i am, because i hardly ever feel sick like this for no reason.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (13)
  • go to another dr or go to the hospital and ask for a blood test

    Answer by trentntats at 7:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • regardless of the need a new doc....any doctor that refuses to administer a test that you request is not a doctor i would go back guessing you might be on medicaid...some doctors LOVE to do lots of stuff when they see the card because they get paid and you wont object...others judge you for it and wont do anything that's not absolutely if you have medicaid, this may be the case....either way get a new doc

    Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • I would check with a different ob or call your family doctor and tell them how you are feeling usually they will send you for a blood test. Thats the first I have heard of an OB not wanting to do a pregnancy test hmmm!

    Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • First of all, whoever the above answer belongs to, if you're going to be rude at least have a spine and post your name. Secondly, no one here can GUARANTEE anything! Go to a different doctor and ask for a blood test. If you still feel that's wrong ask for an ultrasound. Infact, my doctor bypassed the blood test and went strait for an ultrasound. It's truly the only definitive way to tell.

    Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • sounds like you need a new OB

    Answer by camtri3 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • I agree that I would get a different doc, but just FYI, the urine tests they give at drs offices/hospitals are more sensitive than HPT.... I took a urine test at home once, it came back negative but I was certain I was so the dr gave me a urine test before sending me for blood tests and it came back positive.... but note, she still sent me for blood work... good luck not all drs are good....

    Answer by dance_chica at 9:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2008


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • If you want a boold test your doctor has NO right to refuse you of that. She should inform you that your insurance may not cover it if you request it and she doesnt think you need it. If she will not to it when you DEMAND it...then find another doc! Or go to a private lab and have one done. You may have to pay out of pocket, but then you will know for sure. But if you have done multiple EPT's then you are most likely not preggers. I know what your going through. I demanded blood tests when I thought I was preggers different times before I actually got pregnant because I wanted a baby so bad! Good luck hun!

    Answer by ajjc775 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • this is coming from a medical point of view, it is true that a pee test is as accurate as a blood test,
    mommy point of view, I would never deny someone a test that would at least make them feel better and be able to know for sure. I am a nurse and currently a stay at home mom, I wouldn't stand for it if a doc told me no when I am paying them for their time. Try someone else and ask for an ultrasound after explaining medical history, however ins. may not cover the blood test if it comes out negative. good luck

    Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • something else I forgot to mention is that if you really want to be pregnant your body can take on the symptoms and give you the feeling of what is known as a "false pregnancy". I wish you the best and hope that you are if it is what you want.

    Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.