Does anyone know how much a teacher's aide earn in a year?

Interested working in a school district in Texas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• If the school district has a website look it up. See if they have job opening and what they are starting rate are.
    Anonymous

• Everywhere is different. I am a paraeducator which is basically a teachers aide and I make about 18,000 a year (summers and breaks off--no pay). This is in Missouri. I had a friend who was going to school in boston I think and got a job has a teacher aide making 15 dollars an hour. Every state and every school district (public or private) are different. I love my job, just wish it was year round.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• In FL I think they make about 13,000 a year. It's not nearly what they deserve.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, first you'd have to know what district you want to work for - different school districts pay differently. Here in Camden Co; GA, with your AA, you can make about 18,000 starting and it goes up from there based on experience.
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Wow, I didn't think there were teacher's aides anymore which I consider a total shame as they are badly needed.
    Anonymous

• NOT ENOUGH
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I know they make about 10/hr where I live.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'm in South Louisiana and I'm a Special Ed Teacher. I know our paras don't make nearly enough. We typically have them for Pre-K, K, Special Ed and special reading programs. Most take on more responsibility than they are required to. Many of ours are working on their teaching degree since the school district pays for it. Pay for paras in our state ranges from $13,000-$18,000 or maybe slightly more....but not much more. If it's something you want to do go for it. The hours are great, the pay sucks but you can always work on your teaching degree if you want to double or triple your pay and the school district will more than likely pay for it.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 10:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Hi I made 29,000 a year here in NY but thats with a AA degree & 90 credits
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2008