Christians?

How come some people believe in God, but not Jesus? I've seen them post and say they are Christians, but the Christians that I know believe in the Trinity. I am really confused about this. How come you don't believe in Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Christian and I believe in Jesus
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Im a christian and I believe in Jesus. The only way I can understand that they would believe in God but not Jesus is that maybe they believe in a higher power, but not necessarily the higher power that we believe in, Jesus. I dont know for sure but thats the only explanation I can offer.
    WhitneyJolene

Answer by WhitneyJolene at 7:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Not all people that label themselves as Christian believe in the Trinity. For example Jehovah Witnesses consider themselves to be Christian, but they reject the Trinity.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm not sure that one can call herself a Christian unless she believes in Christ. Most Jews believe in God but not that Christ was his son. I'm unsure about other religions/faiths.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I just want to say that Jehovah Witness believe that Christ is the Son of God, they just reject the idea of the Trinity.

In other words they believe Son OF God, but reject the idea of God THE Son.

Christadelphians is another example of those that consider themselves Christians, but reject the idea of the Trinity. In otherwords they too believe Jesus is the Son OF God, but reject the idea He is God THE Son the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I believe that Jesus was a prophet and a good man. I don't know if he was the son of god. I don't believe that you have to believe in Jesus to be saved. God loves me and I know that. I am a Christian. I am right with God and it's not up to other people to define my faith and tell me I'm not a Christian.
    Anonymous

• Not everyone who claims to be a Christian, is a Christian. People today have tried make Christianity to be what they want it to be, rather than what God says it is - a relationship with him, made available by Christ.

I won't tell someone they are not a Christian, that is solely between them and God BUT if you claim the title, you can bet I'll challenge any belief you have that doesn't hold up to Scripture.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i never have claimed to be a christian. i have alsways said that i believe in god, but i have never claimed to be a christian cause i dont buy into jesus being the son of god.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm a Christian and I believe that Jesus is the son of God and I also believe in the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• um hmm lol im a Christian and i believe in God and Jesus
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008