Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my baby is born this like on the 30 or 31 will I be able to claim her on my taxes? Just wondering

Answer Question

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • yes

    Answer by Thalie at 8:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • No/yes. My sil had a scheduled c-section just for that reason last year, and was able to claim her baby, but didn't qualify for the earned income credit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • You can claim them as a dependant but won't get EIC

    Answer by customcat2000 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • Yep! As long as you get him/her out by 11:59 on the 31st you can claim them! Woohoo! Here's hoping for you!

    Answer by kabbot01 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • yep it all evens out once baby turns 18 :)

    Answer by MamaMakinMoney at 12:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.