HELPPPPP!!! Labor issues

So at 9 am yesterday, I started getting heavy contractions about every 5 mins for a hour. I went the hospital and they said I was 100 percent effaced but not dilated at all. They sent me home. While I was there I was having them like every 9 mins. Well when I got home, I was just having them here and there. This morning at 4 am I woke up and was having them every ten mins. Then 8 mins. Finally every six minutes. This lasted until 7 am. Next thing I know, I am asleep. They must have stopped. Then I was just having them here and there all day. Starting about a hour ago, they have been coming anywhere from 10 to 5 mins apart. Nothing consistent. It's been outrageous. This morning by the way, I was having a bloody show with each contraction. Sooooo, what's the deal????? How long can this last? When will actual labor start??? Oh, I was due Monday so I am 4 days past due.

MamaKeetz

Asked by MamaKeetz at 8:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it's going to start any time now! Good luck!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• or you may have to get induced, good luck either way. congrats on your new bundle of joy that's coming very soon!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Anytime now probably. About the bloody show I may call L&D to make sure you shouldn't go in. I was told that with any blood you are to call. But it depends I guess what they told you.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• They said they won't induce me until I have dilated or I am 10 days past due. I can't handle 6 more days of this. My question is how long this could last! Can it be more then 2 days? Everyone I know said they never did more then 2 days. I just don't know what to think and how to help the pain!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 9:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• They said the bloody show is normal (it's blood mixed with a mucusy type of discharge)
    MamaKeetz

• any day now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would try to stimulate labor. You can do that by stimulating your nipples, sex, walking (not so much that you hurt) Good luck.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sounds like your mucus plug. I knew a coworkers sister was in labor for a week. But she started labor at 35 wks. She was having consistent contractions, but did not dilate. She had too much scar tissue that slowed the cervix from dilating. But this is a longer story and very odd in my mind.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• this happened to me! i went into labor at 2 am tues morning and stayed home until about 1 am the next morning finally went into the hospital and she wasnt born until 6:14 that night!! its long and frustrating but it will happen soon. good luck
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sorry this is happening! Something similar happened to me in July with my daughter. When I was 36 weeks I was 1cm, by 40 weeks I was 3cm. I was having lots of contractions, but they never really got regular. I went a few days passed my due date and I got my water broken and that moved things along....I wouldn't recommend that though unless you are already dilated, that's the only reason my doc did it.
    Anyway, good luck, I hope that it happens soon!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008