very depressed....help (long...sorry)

So, I'm suddenly VERY depressed. Like the last several days. I can't stop crying, and I can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time. There are reasons for the depression, and I understand all the hormone issues (I'm about 5 months pregnant). My S/O just switched jobs, and will be making MUCH more money than before, but we've been unbelievably broke for the past month. No little ones at home, so that's good, but obviously we didn't have any Christmas. We have plenty to eat, our rent is only a tiny bit late. I know how much harder it COULD be. It's not helping to know that. I guess it's mostly a case of poor-me. We are also without a car at the moment. We can borrow, for grocery-shopping and dr. appts....but we live in the country, so every little thing we do is hard...calling to "bum" rides, etc. Like I said, I know it could be worse, but I'm just getting worried about not being able to eat or sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all I am sending u a huge hug! it is very draining to be going thru even a lil hard times fianacially-trust me I know. Try to remember there is a lite at the end of the tunnel, so's new job will be great. If it's just been a couple days with barely eating, u are ok-just mke sur u can get your vitamins down. If this lasts more than a week call your doc and explain u are having probs with depression, and then trust wheat they say. it is so hard this time of yr to be broke, very depressing and yes it could be worse but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Yes u have food, and shelter but it is Christmas-we want presents and to go see people and to not have to feel like it's just another day.(hugs) again, it's gonna be ok.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We all have our hard times sweetie. I know how you feel. I have been sad but mostly because my baby isn't here (she is 4 days late) but the contractions are and its just too much. But we all struggle and I know that won't make you feel better. Just keep thinking "it could be worse" and try to appreciate what you do have <3
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 9:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I say plan. When ever I feel that things are out of my control, I find something to plan. Plan for the baby, a vacation, your new schedule with hub's work- anything you can come up with. Just remember that you don't have to follow plans exactly, but researching an considering the future is one of the best ways to get out of a funk.

Anonymous

• I know this is something that you are going to have to be proactive about. Try to look at all the positives in your life. About your new LO that will be here soon, the fact that you have a home. I know that the other stuff seems big, but in the big picture the are really small issues. I would try to get out of the house and go for a walk that usually helps me feel better. I hope that you can get some rest and feel better. If you need to talk more just message me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It could be that your life situation has been the reason this happened. If so, it should clear up. If it doesn't in the next 2 weeks or so, go see your Dr. I developed severe clinical depression DURING my 4th pregnancy. It was awful. And my Dr. at the time didn't believe me. I found one that did, got treatment and got through it. So please get help if this doesn't stop.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Thank you ladies. I guess it all just "balled up" on me at once. I do feel better now. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I am right there with you my car broke about a month ago and borrowing is no fun especially when your preg. Just keep your chin up. we didnt have much for a christmas as far as giving either schools the only thing that paid bills so I feel ya as we say its hormones and "small things to a giant" just imagine a really big giant. and think you'll have a new addition soon, money will help a lot, cars are replaceable in time, and your healthy. Its most likely nerves just relax as much as you can and dont beat yourself up so much. Poor me...its Poor everyone we all struggle...but you sound liek your gonna be okay so take it easy...big hug:)
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 3:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2008