Am I nesting?

Granted I have been getting contractions since this morning. I had to go in for a NST and the monitor was picking them up, but not regular, but the nurse was like "I bet you can feel those." So the OB today told me to drink fluid and lay it low. She wanted me to rest laying down. I am very uncomfortable laying down. Though I am also in this mood where I cannot stay still. Everything is irritating me. I have to have my house cleaned. So I did a few dishes, and vacuumed for the 3rd time this week, did some new baby wash and cleaned my kitchen counters again. I just feel I need to have the house orderly in case I go into labor. I did rest today as well. Crazy? I never really went through the nesting stage with first two. I just cannot stay still.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes you are you are preparing for your baby to come home. WELCOME baby. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sounds like you're nesting. I hope the bag is packed! Keep the hubby close by, because it sounds like labor is near! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• get ready mama lol. yep nesting, I love those moods because my house looks awesome. because there are days when I don't care if Jesus himself came over-he can do the dishes if he wants to but i am not. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• sounds like your getting ready and a bit anxiouse. congratulations!!
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 9:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Anxious? I just had a baby in Feb. HAHA. I am tired of being preggers I think.
    Anonymous

• lol thats the funniest question i've seen.. yes without a doubt you are... i have a week and a half or less to go and omg everything is bugging me sooo much i want it to be clean.. but i kinda just want to supervise other people doing stuff... ugh there is so much stuff i want to move around and touch and that whole don't lift more then 20 lbs is really holding me back
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• lol @ Bearsjen.... There are days where I feel the same!

OP, YES, that's definitely nesting.... and WOW at how close these babies are going to be if you just had one in February! I had my son January 24th, and I actually think I may be prego again now... I'll be testing in the next few days, and I'm wondering how in the world I'll do it with them being 18 months or so apart..... I can't imagine less than a year apart!?! I agree with everyone else.... Keep the bag by the door & the hubby nearby! Good luck & congrats! : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would say so! I didnt nest with my first and feel I want to be mroe organized with this one, but no energy to put into it. More power to you! I wish I was a super mom right now.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Sounds like it. With my first baby I did grocery shopping, bagged the meat and dated it. So unlike me! I didn't realize until the next day that it was nesting. Cool, huh?
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• LovinEveryDay you are a super mom as well.... my last one I didn't have energy, and with this one I do not have a lot, I just feel I have to do it.
    Anonymous