How to keep your house smelling clean?

My housse does not stink I just like the smell of clean.
Any tips? Or How often do I do this and that.
I hate dusting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Open your doors and windows about once a week to air out the house. Clean air is always better then dirty air. Change the furnace filter once a month.

Answer by louise2 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I take dryer sheets and stash them in random places around my house. LOL Under the couch, taped to the bottom of dining room chairs, inside my vents, ect. I also spray perfume on my light bulbs every couple weeks. Also, before you vacuum, sprinkle some of that arm and hammer carpet fresh stuff. The baking soda makes sure smells go away and aren't just covered up. The Dollar Tree makes some fabreeze rip off stuff that I like too.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My best secret is something called Sol-U-Mel from Melaleuca. It smells great, gets rid of odors, and is all natural!! It also removes pen and permanent market from things (got it off my leather couch today!) and is just great stuff!!
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I use Tide with Downy liquid soap in the clothes washer, and sprinkle the Tide with Downy powder in my carpet. I also use a portion of pantyhose to replace part of the dryer hose on the dryer, it puts the smell of clean laundry in the house, as well as releasing heat into the house. Saves money on heating cost at the same time... I love the smell of clean laundry!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 9:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• WallFlowers from Bath and Body Works are the best!! They have a clean linen scent there:) I personally love the leaves scent!
    How often do I clean?? I have never been diagnosed, but I am pretty sure I am OCD-I am always cleaning! I don't think dusting is bad I just use a swiffer duster and it actually cuts my dusting time down drastically!
    Anonymous

• Yankee Candles!! And carpet freshener,
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Light lemon scented candles. Lemon scent smells fresh and clean!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i agree candles, i have candle warmers and 2 are in the dining room ( right by front door ) i put what ever scent calls to me i turn the warmer on and it melts the candle and smells so nice and no flame so my dh is happy. i get my smells he gets no fire. lol. even my 2 sd's bm comes in and says your house always smells so nice and comforting. and you can use what even candles u like ( in a glass jar )
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2008