Answer honestly: Do you think you are better than other people because you had your baby naturally or because you breast fed?

Answer anon if you like but tell us the truth. This really is "Just for Fun."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well, not for those reasons, but yeah.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No. I think that every woman makes whatever decision that she chooses to when parenting b/c that's what seemed the best or is the best for that mom.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• lol I had my son nartually and without any drugs whatsoever and No I dont think any diffrently on other mothers at all
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 10:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No and I can answer again anon No :) I can say this: I am truly grateful for the experiences though. I did have an epidural but was able to give birth vaginally with both my boys... My milk took a bit to come in and I choose to supplement but BFing was and continues to be a great experience.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well screw anyone who does, because I had to have emergency c-section . . . natural wasn't an option for me . . Also, I breastfed only for 2.5 months (first 11 weeks), but quit due to severe anemia. I was so lethargic and I could barely eat . . . my milk was definitely lacking important vitamins and nutrition.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had an epi and think people that don't are crazy LOL I am a wuss I guess cause it hurt like hell! Plus my son had to be removed my forceps and ripped me...I had OVER 100 stitches. No that's not a typo I had OVER 100 stitches. I was glad I had the epi! I did try to breastfeed but wasn't able to produce enough. i was disappointed but he was fed by formula so it's not like he starved. I don't think it matters how the baby got here or how it was fed as long as it was.
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 10:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I've given birth 6 times. Only twice with an epi. And god, was that wonderful. I know i can do it w/out but I love the pain relief...so no of course I dont think I am "better" somehow. I hate it when ppl get this superiority complex because they breastfed for 4 yrs or whatever. I tried. I failed. My kids grew up fine. I KNOW breastfeeding is harder for some then others. I respect ppl who can do it longer then I did it but are they better? no. And really its nobody's business how I had my kids or how they were fed. I think anyone who worries so much & compare themselves is just insecure & trying to find a reason to feel better. I dont need it.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, you don't really think this is going to turn out "just for fun", do you? :)
    I had to have a last minute C-section and I definitely feel that I missed out by not delivering vaginally.
    As for breastfeeding, we had challenges but I have to say that I'm really proud of myself for making it through them and continuing to breastfeed (almost 6 months and going strong). I just don't understand why someone would not even try, you know? The women who try and have obstacles that they just can't overcome are a different story--I give them all the credit in the world for at least trying. So no, I wouldn't say I'm better than anyone who doesn't breastfeed, but I definitely don't understand where they're coming from.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• No one should think that because sometimes women dont get a choice... i wasnt able to breastfeed because my milk always just came in.. I couldnt pump or feed fast enough to keep up.... And i had an epi because i was told i would be there for another 12 -14 hours and i had been up all night before so i think its great when women can do these things...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i feel like im not better then anyone but i do feel like i gave my child a better start in life because i BF..now if there was a medical reason for someone not BF then fine i dont blame them but those out there who CHOOSE to not BF are doing harm to their child..and i do think im better then those who CHOOSE to not BF because of some lame ass excuse reason...like i work..or i dont have the patients for it..or the stupidist (sp) reason i ever heard was a woman say she didnt BF her son because she didnt want him to grow up to be a Perv i was like WTF...and yes i posted this ANON because i know there will be hate mail...
    Anonymous