What do you consider to be a "natural" birth?

Just a vaginal birth or vaginal birth without an epidural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Any birth that started with a baby in your womb and ended with the baby on the outside is natural. That is, natural birth rather than adoption. I had a vaginal birth and thought "if this is natural, I'm never going eco-friendly!" and had a c-section with my 2nd due to his transverse location.

I consider his birth was natural too, since there was no alien abduction involved. . .nor did I make it with a synthetic material. It was all natural.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i would say vaginal is natural, the baby is coming out where "nature" (God) intended. i have had two pregnancies.. one with an epidural and one with out..they were both very painful.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When I hear "natural childbirth" I think drug free.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I also think of drug free.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Natural drug birth = How mother nature intended. NO drugs, NO interventions, NO IVs, NO hospital. Just you and your babies and God. I support natural birth. Birth is not a procedure.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think that natural child birth is great, I just also think that people need to be excepting of modern science because it DOES save lives ... like mine! There is a reason that fewer women die during childbirth in the US now than in any other country at any other time in history.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Natural birth is NO drugs or interventions.
    stahmomof2boys

Answer by stahmomof2boys at 10:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• This is jmo.. I think C- sections should only be used in emergencies and multiples. I also believe every woman should have to feel Childbirth to an extent.

Also, if we were MEANT to have ONLY "natural" child birth then GOD would not have made it possible to have it any other way. I think the use of drugs is beneficial if used in moderation.. why put yourself through so much pain.. when you can put your self through just a little bit.

I ALSO believe that women who look down on other women for having medication are shallow... and probably only had a "natural"child birth to prove a point.
    Anonymous

• hahahaha! that was a great response pnukey!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Vaginal without the epidural.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2008