bleeding? -is this normal?

I am about 12weeks pregnant, and starting at 7 1/2 weeks (right after my first doctors visit) I started bleeding. It was like a light period. I bled for about 3days....I called the doctor and they said not to come in unless it got heavy-which it never did. Well since then, every 2weeks I go through 2 or 3 days of like a light period. It has happened 3 times now. Is this normal? My doctor just keeps saying don't worry unless it gets heavy, but it seems off to me to go through this every 2 weeks ---I never bled at all with my 1st child. Has anyone else had anything like this, did it last all through pregnancy or what?

Thanks ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not personally.. but my friend had a "period" her entire pregnancy.. it was irregular and didn't last as long but it happened at least once a month
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• that is what the dr told me to everything will be fine.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yeah... if you start cramping.. or having any pain... call him immediately!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Its not "normal" per say, but some women do have periods...even if their first pregnancy was normal. That would not be comforting to me though. I think I would want a second opinion. Is the heartbeat strong everytime you go in? Doctors are sometimes not very convincing. You have a little human growing inside you which, asside form your other child, is your number one concern. Good luck, hon! Hope everything is perfect and this is just one of those rare cases where you are just having a period during pregnancy.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I have been spotting every week also. I went to the ER and to my doctor twice. They just keep telling me to make sure that I am eating right, getting enough rest and to elevate my legs. I keep going back because I have had previous miscarriages and they keep telling me everything is OK. Not to worry unless I have pain or heavy bright red blood. So I have chosen to look on the bright side. My doc also said that it may just be from the stretching and shifting if the uterus which is nothing to worry about. Think positive and everything will be OK! I am 12 weeks now.

Buzzlightmom

Answer by Buzzlightmom at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• no, bleeding while pregnant is not normal. call your doctor.

Anonymous

• I bleed from 10 weeks to 18 weeks with my first. Have they checked your hormone levels? Mine were checked and were steadily going up, so we just watched and waited. Nothing bad happened (other than the bleeding) and my son is a healthy 23 month old, as of Wednesday :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I bled throughout my entire pregnancy. My doctor said that if there's no cramping then to not worry. It is NOT ABNORMAL. I did not bleed with my first. I went on to deliver a happy, healty baby with the 2nd.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2008