ADOPTION WE HAVE MY GRANDSON ALMOST DONE WITH THE HOME STUDY AND WE WILL ADOPT WE HAVE HIS 1/2 BROTHER OFF AND ON THIS HAS BEEN A YR NOW THEY SAY TPR WILL BE AT LEAST 3 MORE MO. ON THE 1/2 BRO. I CANT TAKE THE VISITATIONS ANY MORE .THE BRO GOES WITH MOM BUT THE 3 YR OLD CANT AND WHEN HE RETURNS THEY BOTH ACT UP ....HELP

mom3898

Asked by mom3898 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Adoption

• Just wondering if you have the CASA (Court appointed special advocate) program in your county? If so, I highly recommend you getting your child a CASA worker...they really look toward what is in the best interests of the child...not the foster parent or birth parent. Also, have you approached the chid's counselor about writing his/her recommendations/observations related to the best interests of the child? Also, I would definitely agree that you need to talk to the SW about your concerns...if you can't get anywhere with SW, go to the supervisor. We had to go through so much of the same that you talk about with our daughter....for 4/12 years before we finally got TPR and then the birth dad appealed and we had to wait for that before we finally adopted and got a NORMAL life for us and most important for our daughter! I really get frustrated with "the system"! Best wishes to you and you child.
    julieb.1967

Answer by julieb.1967 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• this is so confusing... I would like to help but i don't understand what you are asking... sorry:)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• what is TPR?
    NNQ

Answer by NNQ at 10:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• my hubbys aunt is going though the same thing she has 3 they have had them for 9 years and they are no closer to tpr than when they started. the kids have problems to one just got out of the mental part of the childrens hp that is how much seeing their mother makes them i wish that a judge would open his eyes and see what it does to these children i wish u luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• tpr terminate prental right sorry the spelling sucks
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• WELL HOW DO I GET IT THROUGH THE SW HEAD WE ARE AT OUR WITS END WE HAVE DONE EVERY THING FOR KIDS AND BIO MOM AND WE ARE WORE OUT AND BM WILL NOT CHANGE I KNOW THAT VISITS CAN STOP IF ITS NOT IN THE BEST INTREST OF THE CHILD AND IN THIS CASE IT IS NOT IN THERE BEST INTREST TO SEE HER .SHE WILL JUST NOT COMPLY WITH THE COURT BUT INSIST ON FIGHTING FOR HIM .HE GETS SSI AND SHE WANTS THE MONEY .BUT CANT KEEP ABUSIVE MEN OUT OF HER LIFE SO THEY ARE GOING TO TPR BUT TILL THEN SHE VISIT THE OLDER CHILD 4 NIGHTS A WEEK NOT GOOD FOR HIM OR THE BABY
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• they go through judges like i change my socks. the thing i think that is holding them is my hubbys aunt and uncle are white and the children are black and some people dont like that if you know what i mean but if you are around these kids it is shocking to see how much they dont care they are loved and taken care of. i can go on all night good luck.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• u know they ones that suffer are the ones we are trying to protect i hate seeing these kids go though this.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• do u have a case worker you can talk to? They are there to make your life and the childs life easier.. Sorry I can't help more.. Good Luck with your situation
    NNQ

Answer by NNQ at 10:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• SORRY ABOUT SPELLING . A TPR IS TERMANATION OF PARENTIAL RIGHTS
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008