What is your degree in college and do you love your career now?

Also, How much salary do you bring in?
I'm looking in to different options so if you could inform me on it please do.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have a B.S.N. and M.S.N. in nursing. I have loved it for twenty five years. It has been good to me meaning I have worked with all ages, genders, on all shifts, many different venues and today I do school nursing. I continue to learn and grow and have opportunity for advancement and flexibility.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My degree is in human resources but I'm still working on my masters. I eventually want to teach HR or business classes online so I can be home with my kids full time. Right now I am a substitute teacher and an online tutor for my college so I'm logging some experience. Still, I wouldn't be qualified for either job without the education/degrees I already have so its not like I'm not using my education. I make about 35k a year...not the best, but considering I graduate in less than a year and the Masters will pretty much let me double my salary and let me work full time from home, I'm happy. I could also find work in my actual field that would pay more with the degrees I have.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Masters in math, but I teach exercise. I love what I do, but I spent 6 years studying math so feel that was a wasted time.
    Anonymous

• Bachelors degree in Human Services and in May I will be done with my Masters in Counseling. Right now I earn $43,000 a year with full benefits. Once I am finished with school I will earn $50,000 per year and once I have had my certification for a year I will earn $60,000 per year.
    Anonymous

• Bachelor's in journalism. I'm a radio news director now. The pay's not bad, but more important is that I enjoy what I'm doing.

You need to look at where YOUR talents lie. See about taking an aptitude test to find out what you'd be best at. Then you can look at careers that fit your skills. Trust me when I say that picking a career merely for the pay is the fast track to misery.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have a B.S. in Marketing and Public Relations and I am a Marketing Manager in the government sector. I have taken some course work for my MBA and have 10 years in the field. With my experience, sector, and location, I make $85K.
    Anonymous

• con't from 12:52 PM - My first job after college I made $35K, second job was $52K, current job is $85K. But my experience is pretty extensive. I think that is why I was always able to drastically improve my salary overall with each job.
    Anonymous