A / B block schedules...

does your child's school have A and B day schedules?

My dd got so lost last year not having the same classes every day. She's think, oh I don't have to this homework on tonight because I don't have that class tomorrow. It was awful.
I got a copy of her books to leave at home so she's have the right books at home.

How does your child do with this this schedule?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My son has A/B days and does well with it. He has is core courses every day. The only classes that switch are his electives. I get confused but the kids are used to it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2011

• They get used to it- or at least mine did and my son is very...forgetful and unorganized and he made it (with reminders and such)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2011

• rise hands vote
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2011

• I hated it in school.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2011

• No we have a regular schedule.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2011

• My daughter adjusted to it but I know what you mean about not worrying about homework because they didn't have the class the next day. My daughter would do that and then sometimes find herself with not enough time to get everything done a couple days later because of sports events, etc. Last year I'd remind her to do the work even if she didn't have the class the next day and it helped her stay on top of things.
    cege

Answer by cege at 12:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2011

• My son started that last year witha 6 day schedule. He has aspergers and I thought it was going to be hard for him. He ended up having no problem with it. There were times he would save the homewrok that wasn't due the next day to last in case it got late and would do it in study hall the next day. they get a homework planner from the school and at the beginning of each month there was a monthly calender that I would write down on each day what day it was so we knew if he needed his gym clothes or not.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2011

• I had it in high school, the first semester I got confused and side tracked but then you get used to it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2011